Friday, January 11, 2008

This is how it begins, isn't it?

Bird took her first dance lesson today.

This whole thing just kind of snuck up on us, really. Activities and lessons were always something I'd imagine happening "eventually." As in "eventually she MIGHT be involved in something like that.

She did do a stint in gymnastics once, but considering that she was two at the time and spent more time running around than really doing anything, I'm not sure that it really counts. Not to mention the fact that she was really only doing that because her day care sitter was taking her own daughter to gymnastics.

It all came to a head earlier this week, when Bird went with her friend (the sitter's daughter) to her first dance lesson. She watched the entire thing from the sidelines, and when we got home that evening she asked me when her dance class was.

This is when I was apparently struck stupid, since I answered her with "But you don't go to dance classes."

To make a long story short (too late?!).... after a quick trip to register, a much longer trip to find the required shoes (thank you God for tap shoes in thrift stores! even if it took 5 thrift stores!) and tights, she took her first class today. There were only 3 students, and she was the oldest.

She loved every minute of it. Kept showing me all the moves at home. And my heart has grown even fuller with love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting!! Have fun with that!

. said...

This will be me in a week or so. Gracie has already decided she wants to take tap AND ballet lessons. God help them I say. Grace she maybe called, but graceful she isn't! Hope the bird had a good time :) love M