Saturday, December 8, 2007

Christmas Meme

Grabbed this meme from Alli's blog.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Either - whichever will be easier. Husband disagrees, and thinks that even the hardest of items should be wrapped.

2. Real tree or Artificial?
FAKE!! Always has been, and always will be.
Now, if you look at where our tree goes, that makes a lot of sense!

This is the design from 2006. Not much will change this year except that I've bought a couple houses & stores for the village.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Weekend after Thanksgiving, provided the trains are all set up.

4. When do you take the tree down?
There was that year when we didn't do it until February. But since Bug was born towards the end of January, the goal now it to get it down before his birthday party.

5. Do you like eggnog?
YES!!

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
hmmm... I remember the year my sister & I got a play kitchen set. We played with that thing for YEARS.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes. It's actually probably the oldest thing we own - it belonged to my grandmother. It was always my favorite thing to set up every year (she gave it to my parents when I was really young), so when I got married my mom passed it on to me.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
My dad.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
Husband, Bug, and Bird.

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received?
I can't think of anything really bad...
11. Mail or email Christmas card?
Both, actually. We can only afford so many pictures, so I will send actual cards to people who like actual cards, and I will email the same thing to folks who don't have an opinion either way!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Every year, the following are "must-see:" Tradition reigns!!
Ernest Saves Christmas
Christmas Vacation
Scrooged
One Magic Christmas
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (original cartoon, not Jim Carrey)
Charlie Brown Christmas
A Christmas Story
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
After Bird was born, Husband & I began a tradition of shopping the Black Friday sales. Since we always seem to travel for Thanksgiving, it's actually been more like a date morning to us.

14. Have you ever recycled/re gifted a Christmas present?
Yup.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
My mom's meringue chocolate chip cookies.

16. Favorite Christmas song?
Carol of the Bells

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Since we travel at Thanksgiving, we always stay home for Christmas

18. Can you name Santa's reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen
(and no, Rudolph doesn't count!)

19. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
One present Christmas Eve - new pajamas for the kids.

20. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Trying to keep my students focused until finals are over and Christmas vacation has actually begun!

21. Best thing about Christmas?
The Christmas lights, the vacation time, the special church services, the fun things we can do together as a family - the general overall feeling of the season.
Consider yourself tagged if you would like to be!!

No comments: