Friday, May 25, 2007

Pomp and Circumstance

Tonight was graduation. A time of celebration and reflection. 50 students (+1 in memorium) who are no longer children.

It was a lovely ceremony - after all the welcoming & prayers, the students headed out into the auditorium to give flowers & hugs to their friends & families, and then we watched a video where each senior individually gave thanks & praise to those who had been loving & supporting them all these years. And then - finally! - the diplomas!! Everyone received one this year, though a few just barely scraped by at the last minute.

This is one of those times when I wish I was a truly gifted writer, because then surely the words would just flow out of my fingers as fast as I could type. I am proud of these former children, and hopeful of the adults they will grow to be. May they change the world for the better.

No comments: