Monday, September 10, 2007

Clothing Pet Peeves

Haven't felt particularly wordy lately, so when I saw this meme by dcrmom, I felt inspired!

Five of my clothing pet peeves:

1. See through white pants.

You know what I'm talking about - those pants/shorts/capris where you can completely see the underwear - no matter if it's spanky-pants, thong, or something in between. I just think white fabrics should be heavier and NOT SEE THROUGH. Nuff said.

2. Bathing suits with lousy cups.

I have been 'blessed' with DDs. The majority of bathing suits go to a C at the most.

3. The lack of variety on little boy clothes.

Because if you don't like clothes that involve sports, your little boy will just have to run around in a diaper and nothing else.

4. Little girl clothes with no modesty or not-little-girl designs/slogans.

Need I say more?

5. Clothes that don't fit me, even though they are my size.

I can understand it not looking good on me, but if it says it's my size, it should fit.


If you want to play along... TAG you're it!

PS - if i were allowed a 6th thing, I would add shoulderpads!!

2 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

Excellent! And I'm SO with you on #2.

Jess Connell said...

I am definitely with you on 2-4...


#2- it is absurd how difficult it is to get a well-fitting bathing suit when you aren't a C cup. I wonder if smaller-chested women have the same problem?

#3- Yes, and when they're little, I'd add dinosaurs and bugs as the other options. I just wonder, do I ONLY have options of sporty or preppy? What about just a normal kid? Are t-shirts the only option? And THEN, do I have to advertise a brand name??? OK rant over, but I'm totally with you.

#4- Ooh, I'm SO not looking forward to this. Luckily, because of where we live (overseas) and the age of my daughter (15 months), this isn't SO much an issue now, but in a few years I know it will be. YUCK!

Jess