Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Email

I received a wonderful email from a student the other day. This is only part of it, but it's the part I really want to remember:

PS I wanted to say something after class, but I never get the chance: I love how you make people think in your class. Whether they have come to the correct conclusion or not, you still question them which forces them to defend their answer and opinion. Not many teachers do that, and I sincerely applaud you for it.

Yes, I am blowing my own horn. But considering all the other crazy things that go on when you are a teacher, you need the little things to remind you.

1 comment:

RachelC said...

That's wonderful Jaime! Toot away... it's your blog =P

DH once got blasted by some students and parents b/c he makes them think! There was an actual petition for his resignation and one of the points was "he makes students think for themselves" DUH!