Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I'm Still Waiting for Hamlet

Since Bird has started Kindergarten, her interest in writing has increased to levels I didn't know existed. Mind you, there are plenty of times she has no interest in writing letters the correct way, but she's still writing all the time.

Considering she's 5, she doesn't really understand the concept of spelling yet. Therefore, she is really just writing whatever letter pops into her head. This past week, she's managed to write 3 words. Completely randomly:

ATOM
I'd love to say she's my little chemist. I wonder. She still tends to write all her numbers backwards though.

CAUTION
How is this statistically possible?! Yet we couldn't find anything in her room that she could have copied from!

DAMN
Even better, it was on the board in my classroom. Lovely.

3 comments:

RachelC said...

*giggle*

Anonymous said...

Oh man...that's funny.

Kristen said...

Well hopefully you didn't get all "who has been using that word in front of you?!" and then had to go 'oh.....oops'!! ;)