Sunday, October 14, 2007

Happy Anniversary

Seven years ago today, I married the love of my life. It was a beautiful day. Not too hot, not too cold, not too sunny...



One of my favorite memories happened rather quick in the ceremony. I was walking into the church on the arm of my father and getting rather blubbery from the sheer emotion of it all. I looked down the aisle at Husband, and to this day I still remember the look on his face. As I panned across to look at all the groomsmen, I realized they also looked kind of nervous too. Odd, I thought, until I looked down at their feet:





Yes, they were all in running shoes (except 1 usher who chickened out at the insistence of his girlfriend). No, I did not know about this, and after being asked numerous times before the ceremony if I knew, they were all nervous about how I'd react.


Quite frankly, I thought it was funny. And hugely appropriate, as all the men - except the guy in dress shoes - were runners, and all the shoes were brand new. So I started laughing as I walked up the aisle - put those tears way back where they belonged! Saw the entire men's side heave a huge sigh of relief, and trade vaguely worried faces for smiles.


Happy Anniversary Husband!! Here's to 7 years and 70 more!!

2 comments:

RachelC said...

Awww,

Happy Anniversary Jaime and Husband!

Kellan said...

Very cute - that picture. Happy Anniversary - and hopes for many more to come.