Monday, October 22, 2007

Idiot Moment of the Day

We spent a lot of time together as a family this past weekend. It felt nice - we all got along, had fun, and shared some food.

Probably one of the best things we've done in a while.... so I guess it stands to reason that I managed to follow it up with one of the dumbest things I have done in YEARS.

Since there was so much quality time I got a little behind on my weekend domestic duties, namely the laundry. So after I got home today I tossed a load of whites into the washer. We didn't have quite a full load so I started tossing in some other things that needed a good healthy cleansing, since I usually add (color safe) bleach to this load.

Cut to the stupid part. I added in Bug's sneakers. His black sneakers. That have never been washed before.

Bird's only set of bedsheets, a pair of my khakis, a pair of Husband's khakis, and a stack of husband's t-shirts are all now sporting varying purple stains. So are some socks & underwear, but they don't count.

I am so angry with myself. I know better!!!

I have them all soaking in the washer right now in some incredibly hot water, some Shout & a lot more bleach. Will see what happens. Fingers crossed.

No comments: