Monday, August 18, 2008

Hurricane on the Horizon

Well, it's starting to look like Hurricane Fay is headed straight for us!! Granted, it's still a little early and she could still head in another direction, but I did stop at the store on the way home to pick up a few things. It helps to be a little prepared. Thankfully, although the stores are full of people, we do not seem to be in panic-buying mode yet.

I think I'm most worried about losing power for an extended period of time. I am slowly emptying our ice dispenser into Ziplock bags & stashing them all around the freezer. Then the icemaker will work all night long making more. We're eating our dinner out of the fridge/freezer tonight!

School has been cancelled for tomorrow, so now the dilemma is... what to spend the day watching? There are Olympics, but a well-selected list of movies could be just as fun. So far, I've thought of The Wizard of Oz, Twister, and Joe vs. the Volcano.

4 comments:

Lou said...

Hope Fay bypasses you. Keep us updated!

. said...

Sending ~~~ANTI HURRICANE VIBES~~~~ your way. I hope it stays away hun.

xMx

Kristen said...

We're very lucky to have stayed out of the path of Fay, I hope you are just as lucky. The Weather Channel is saying that it's not gaining enough strength at this point to become a hurricane so hopefully if you do get hit it will only be a Tropical Storm. No matter what happens keep safe and let us know!

Cindy Hill said...

I do not know about you but I really wish there had been school today! There ended up being way too much TV watching at our household! The worst part is that Seminole has no school tomorrow, either!