Friday, August 8, 2008

If this is the Pings, I'm not so sure how the Throbs will feel.

Today I took my baby Big Girl to Open House. We brought her copiously labeled supplies to her classroom so she could meet her teacher and set up her pencil box at her table.

We were not going into the room totally uninformed - Bird's teacher sent a lovely postcard last week, so we (as in Bird & I) looked up her picture on the school's website.

Last year Bird hung onto her Daddy when she went to her preschool open house. This year, I showed her the door to her classroom, she stepped in, glanced around, and made a beeline for her teacher to go say hi. To say I was shocked is a bit of an understatement! Though it quickly gave way to warm pride.

Her friendliness did not extend to her classmates yet; she didn't acknowledge any of them, choosing instead to play by herself in the middle of them.

Seriously, when did she get old enough for this?! And how am I supposed to take her for real next week?!

2 comments:

Lou said...

Awww Jaime, this day comes around all too quick doesn't it? You'll go next week, sob your heart out, probably go home and get out all the baby pictures and wonder where the time went. And Bird? She'll be there having a whale of a time and won't give it a 2nd thought! :P

Anonymous said...

My mom wrote me a letter after I got on the bus to go to Kindergarten (yes, I wanted to ride the bus the first day of school! I can't believe my mom let me!! I am glad that Love will be a walker.) I did not find out about the letter until I was in high school. It is still one of my favorite letters from my mom.