Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Post birthday wrapup

My birthday actually turned out to be really nice. I received TWO cakes from students in my first period class. We all ate them for breakfast (chocolate is much better than a fruit smoothie). The rest of my classes - unbidden, I might add - sang Happy Birthday to me (cause I am not above writing my own happy bday note on the board).

My own children were not at all cranky when I picked them up (okay, that's not entirely true, but it sounds good), but after a quick visit to the gym we went to my sister's for a spaghetti dinner & another chocolate cake. mmmmmm.

Husband managed to get the word out, and I have 3 seasons of Gilmore Girls to watch now. Yay!!

To top it off, as I type this post, Bug has just said Bird's name for the first time. I am over the moon!! :) :)

2 comments:

Kyla Jean said...

Hi,

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!.

I found your blog through your comment on Jess's and I just wanted to tell you that I agreed with everything you said! I have been trying to articulate a response to her last posting and now I feel better because you said it all.

Musings of a Housewife said...

Chocolate cake... YUM!!! And happy birthday! :-)