Tuesday, August 14, 2007

So Long, Summer

Tomorrow is the first day of school. Even though I've been back to work for 2 weeks now, it still feels like today is the real end of summer. It went so quickly that I kind of wonder if it actually happened. Thank heavens for digital cameras and my twitchy shutter finger.
So what did we do all summer?

We swam.


We went to storytime at the library.


We climbed some really weird contraptions.


We went to the beach.


We played at normal playgrounds. (There is nothing more fun than when they make each other laugh.)


We visited with friends who feel like family.

We tried to fly kites. Turns out that you really do need wind for that.


We visited the land of Make Believe.


We visited actual family. (Not the dogs! The dogs belonged to the family member!)


We helped protect Middle Earth and defeated the goblins from Mordor.


And,
We pondered the peace and quiet that surrounds a misty summer morning before the world really wakes up.

I am so thankful for all the time we were able to spend together, and pray that the memories will stick with me for an awfully long time.
So long summer. It's been fun but we will miss you!!

1 comment:

Shawna said...

I'm stopping by to visit all those who came to my blog for the Dog Days of Summer.

So much fun! We did a lot of swimming, too! My daughter isn't old enough to go to school yet, so we're still enjoying the summer --although the pools are closed during the week now.