Thursday, February 28, 2008

5 Positives



After reading Rachel's post (and grabbing her graphic) about needing to curb the negativity, I realized she might be onto something with this positivity thing. (Hmm..... I think I might be making up words. Oh well, this isn't Scrabble and it is my blog!)






So, here are 5 things I can be positive about:

1. My family. I have 2 absolutely beautiful children that I love even when they drive me crazy. And a wonderful husband who loves me even when I drive him crazy.

2. We have a roof over our heads, food in our kitchen, and clothes in our closets. Enough said.

3. There have been so many times I am thankful for the fact that I've taught chemistry for 5 years already. That might sound weird, but I'm teaching AP for the first time this year, and without that background, I'd be sunk. Dead in the water. As it is, I still do an awful lot of work and quite a bit of thinking on my feet in order to stay on top of things, and it always amazes me how it all works out.

4. Following that, I love my students. My AP kids are putting up with me for the 3rd year in a row. And they work HARD. It's nice to see incredibly smart kids actually working. My Physics kids are in their 2nd year, and are amazed by the fact that they actually like the subject. My first year students are a mix of challenging and over & under acheivers, but that helps me to be a better instructor.

5a. Friends in real life. I am not one who makes friends easily, but I am incredibly thankful that I have made several TRUE friends. The kind you can call at 7pm or midnight if you need help, and know that you will receive that help. The kind you can talk to about anything that crosses your mind.

5b. Online friends - I am totally stealing Rachel's 6th point here. :) I am incredibly thankful for all of the wonderful ladies I've met online - for the knowledge I've gained, the laughter and tears that I've shared. You've taught me more than I realized there was to know.

What are you feeling positive about?

4 comments:

RachelC said...

=)

. said...

Hi Jaime. Great post. I'm off to check out Rachel's now too then I might have to whip up one of my own for the cookie. Hope all's okay with your troop and the BWers are behaving themselves in my absence ;) love xMx

Alli said...

Hmmmm, I may do this. I could use it on my blog.

Great post. I'd be willing to bet your students are enjoying your class because you're a good teacher. And isn't physics a little more "hands-on"? Kids (of any age) enjoy learning much more if they can learn stuff outside of a book.

Anonymous said...

Good post, Jaime. Inspiring thoughts!
Heather