Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Jello Ice Cream Pie

I'm not entirely sure where I found this recipe, but judging from the way it's worded, I suspect I found it on a message board somewhere.

The ingredients: a box of Jello (I chose cherry), a pint of (French) vanilla ice cream, a graham cracker crust, and some cherries (optional & chosen to match the Jello flavor).


Boil 1 cup of water. While you are waiting, measure out one pint of ice cream because a) you are too cheap to buy one pint of expensive vanilla ice cream and b) the store didn't have 1 pint of plain vanilla anyhow.


Once you've got the water boiling, add it to the Jello & stir until everything dissolves. Add about 1/3 of the pint of ice cream & stir until it all melts.


Allow the mixture to come to room temperature. You can put it in the fridge if you want, but it's just as easy to let everything soften on your counter - doesn't take too long either. I quartered my cherries while I waited.

Once the mixture is at room temperature, stir in the rest of the ice cream until it melts. Add the cherries, and then dump the entire mixture into the pie crust.


Cover and pop in the fridge, allowing it a few hours to solidify.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure I could handle the red color! I think I will chose something less, less colored!!
BTW I have a new blog: http://discoveringhisplan.blogspot.com/
This one is public and not so much about family although I am sure they will feature some.

I wish I knew that I would be writing like you. LoL

Mid-Life Mother said...

Wow! Talk about bringing back the childhood memories.

This is just like a recipe that my Mom used to make, that her Mom used to make. Yummy!