Tuesday, July 24, 2007

High School Remembrances

A bit has happened in the last couple days, but I just haven't had the energy to blog about it. (Nothing bad at all, I promise!!). We finally have our AC back though.

So, in the interesting of keeping up the posting habit, I'm copying out dcrmom's meme on high school. Cause this one looks like a bit of fun!!

High School Spirit Meme

1. Who was your best friend? Marian (hmmm.... might be a good thing she doesn't know about this blog yet, cause I think that's the third time I've linked to her this week!)

2. Did you play any sports? I was on the bowling team. And I was really good.

3. What kind of car did you drive? Mom's Oldsmobile, when she let me borrow it. I didn't get a car of my own till after my second year of college.

4. It’s Friday night. Where were you? At home, watching bad tv. Sometimes it was 'scary' bad tv. Occasionally I was on the phone as I watched scary bad tv.

5. Were you a party animal? Not at all.

6. Were you considered a flirt? Nope.

7. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir? Nope.

8. Were you a nerd? It's starting to sound like I was, doesn't it? But honestly, I wasn't.

9. Were you ever suspended or expelled? No.

10. Can you sing the fight song? actually.... I think I can?! just about!

Old (Hometown) High School/Proudly we honor & praise you/Time will not change you/Your spirit will never die/We're here to BOOST you, on hmm hmm & hmmm too/You are to us our own our wonderful (HOMETOWN) HIGH!!!

11. Who was your favorite teacher? hmmm.... I really admired my calculus teacher, and I liked my chemistry teacher a lot.

12. What was your school mascot? Green devil

13. Did you go to the Prom? Actually I did. I decided on the Wednesday before prom that I wanted to go, and got a date (friend from work), a dress (a pretty purple number), a hair appointment (updo w/ curls of course!), and transportation in time for the big event.

14. If you could go back, would you? No.

15. What do you remember most about graduation? Hmmm.... It was warm and we were on the football field in super thick green robes. Oh, and all of us were holding a marble to give to the principal as we shook his hand. (Last person had a jar)

16. Where were you on Senior Skip Day? Sigh. At school. My parents wouldn't let me go, and I had a history test that day.

17. Did you have a job your senior year? Yes, I worked at Kenny Rogers' Roasters. I quasi-affectionately refer to it as the 'chicken joint.'

18. Where did you go most often for lunch? Back field (we were allowed to eat outside! promise!)

19. Have you gained weight since then? Close to 40 pounds, but that was directly related to pregnancy (well, 30 of it anyhow)

20. What did you do after graduation? Can't remember!!

21. What year did you graduate? 1996

22. Who was your Senior Prom Date? A friend from the aforementioned chicken joint. He was a year younger than me & bent on joining the Marines when he graduated. I kept in touch with him my freshman year of college, but haven't seen or heard from him since.

23. Are you going/did you go to your 10 year reunion? I did. Can't say it was much fun though. Went to Husband's the following weekend; his was more fun, but that's cause he knew everybody in high school. (he was one of THOSE guys :) )

If you'd like to play, consider yourself tagged.

1 comment:

RachelC said...

Ok, so I think my #11 answer is the same as yours! I want to play along, but I must be packing... see how good I am doing?

Did you really graduate in 96? I didn't realize you were 3 years younger than me =P