Sunday, June 3, 2007

Should never have looked

About a month ago, I joined a gym. I finally resolved that I was ready to exercise regularly. Because, quite frankly, I am a slug, and a happy slug at that. However, I am a much heavier slug than I was before the 2 kids (blasted metabolism!! and 40lbs per child!) Believe it or not, I have been quite good about going - have attended 4 classes each week!

This is the part that gets me, though - I have gained TEN FREAKING POUNDS since I started! Yes, a couple of them can be attributed to end-of-the-school-year-treats, but seriously. 10 pounds?!

Husband has been quick to remind me that muscle weighs more than fat. But! I ask him, what good is it to have Abs (abs, legs, and buns for that matter) of Steel when you cannot see them beneath the HUGE JELLY BELLY?!?!

It's a good thing he loves me.

1 comment:

RachelC said...

{{{hugs}}} Jaime. I know how you feel