Monday, May 12, 2008

Flower Cupcakes

Alternative Title: Bird's 5th Birthday, Part I

It took me a while to realize that I would need to make TWO cakes for Bird's birthday festivities. She & I had discussed what sort of cake she wanted for her birthday party, and we were planning away.

I'd clearly forgotten, however, about the ritual to sugar up everyone's children at school. So when she mentioned that she wanted to bring something to school, I went with easy: cupcakes.

She picked chocolate (that's my girl!) with pink frosting. (Dyed with food coloring) I originally saw the flower idea at a party my friend Cindy threw for her daughter, and couldn't wait to use it!

And in an unrelated note... I am amazed at the difference when one does not use the camera flash!





As luck would have it, she had school on her actual birthday, and I was able to go there & ahve lunch with her. Afterwards, these went over very well with her classmates. Well, except for the kid who doesn't like much of anything, but he doesn't count.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't wait for the rest!! I want to know how the party went!!!

Lou said...

Jaime, they're great (and look very yummy!). How did you make the white petals?

Unknown said...

The petals are large marshmallows that I cut with scissors.