Saturday, May 24, 2008

Graduation

Last night was graduation. Another year finished. 55-ish more students head out into the world.

The ceremony itself was lovely - since we are a smaller school, there are all sorts of lovely personal touches. After the valedictorian & salutatorian speeches, the graduates go into the audience to distribute (pre ordered) carnations to their loved ones. I happened to receive two from 2 of my AP girls and almost started crying on the spot!

After the flowers they play a video in which each senior thanks their parents & express their love for them. Lots of laughter, tears & memories.

This year seems especially poingant to me considering that my own children will start down this path next year as Bird goes off to kindergarten. These past 5 years seem to have taken an awful long time yet I suspect that the next 13 will not be so slow. Thank heavens for journals & cameras so I can hope to remember some of the journey.

In other random news - I've managed to keep this blog going for a year now!! Happy belated blogaversary to me!

No comments: