Saturday, May 31, 2008

Someone who did not want to work today

Conversation with a waitress:

Waitress: And what would you like to order?
Jaime: I'd like to have the pizza...
W: (interrupting) I'm sorry, you can't have pizza.
J: Oh. How come?
W: You can't have pizza on a weekday before 5pm.
J: Oh... (frantically looking, but noting that this is written NOWHERE on the menu) are there any other restrictions I should know about? (rapidly trying to figure out backup choice from menu)
W: You can have anything you want from the menu.
J: I don't think I can, if I can't have pizza.
(silence)
W: You can have anything you want from the smaller lunch menu.
J: (holding the larger, complete menu). Then why are there larger menus even on the table?
(silence while the temperature drops a couple of degrees)
J: Okay, I'll have the cheeseburger.

In case you were wondering, it was a very tasty cheeseburger. But it was very tiny & I was still hungry afterwards.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weird. I mean, she could have at least apologized or something.

Alli said...

Pffft. I hope she didn't get a very good tip. I'm dying to know what restaurant that was....a large chain?

Unknown said...

Alli, it was a local restaurant. And she was definitely not the norm!

It is typical for a meal to take FOREVER there (so you do have to have some time to kill), but that's why it was a great place for a colleague's goodbye party.

The large menu was also a really good reason for going there, but I guess that only applies to dinner! Now I know. :)