Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Today's the Day

At 8am this morning (EDT), my AP Chem class will begin taking their official AP exam.

This is a picture of them from the beginning of the year. I know it's the beginning because they're still smiling.



I kid, of course. They were still smiling yesterday.

"They" say you never forget your first. And I hope that I never do forget this group of students. This was the third year I have have the privilege of teaching this particular bunch, and my first year ever teaching AP. Although they are rather chatty, we still have managed to learn a TON about chemistry. This has not been an easy road for anyone. Over and over again, I have been impressed with the amount of work and learning and critical thinking produced by these students.

This morning, I pray their thinking remains focused and their minds remain clear, that they may fully complete the task set before them and finish the race strongly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just LOVE that you get to teach the same students for multiple years? It truly is my favorite part of being in a small Christian school. I get to really know these kids and love them!!!

Sending up prayers for you and your students! We've been doing AP testing at my school, too, though not science classes -- I think we'll be adding those in the next year or two. (This is our first year with any AP classes, so they chose social studies and English.)

Anonymous said...

Praying for all of you!! You still have other kids to tend to!
We will have to celebrate their 4's and 5's!!!